Philosophy of Burning Hearts
There are over 650 churches in Lancaster County and one can hear the Bible preached and the gospel (the good news regarding Jesus' coming into the world to save sinners) at most of these churches. Here is what distinguishes Burning Hearts…
- We believe in a deep commitment to the Bible and what it teaches. We believe mankind is in a position to be judged by God's Word, not the other way around. The faithful preaching of the Word of God is a central ministry of our church.
- We believe this deep commitment to the teaching of scripture inevitably brings us back to the teachings of the church historically: to the creeds of the church. Burning Hearts exists within the context of the Protestant Reformation – upholding the teachings of the Reformers while, at the same time, striving for a unity within the greater church of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that we should not become a large (mega) church wherein not only do people not know one another but even the pastor(s) don't know the people. Jesus said of the good shepherd that "he calls his sheep by name" (John 10:3). We believe that verse alone should restrict our size.
- We believe that a healthy church should include people of all ages while reflecting the ethnic diversity of the area in which that church is located, and to that end we are committed.
- We believe that the music of the church should be broad with a mix of both traditional and contemporary songs.